Long Island Family Law Lawyers with More Than 100 Years of Combined Experience
Divorce attorneys provide comprehensive and compassionate legal representation
At Polin, Prisco & Villafane, we know that dealing with family law matters can be difficult. Divorce affects all aspects of your life. We stand beside you and help protect you emotionally and financially. If children are involved, their best interests are always our top priority. We provide competent and caring guidance through your family law matter, while diligently protecting your rights.
Prepared to handle all matters related to divorce in New York
Whether you have been married a few weeks or 50 years, divorce impacts your family, finances and property. We provide knowledgeable and skilled legal services in all areas related to family law matters, including:
- Divorce. Whether your divorce is amicable or highly disputed, we assist you with negotiations and litigation to achieve your goals in the least disruptive way possible. Using our significant years of experience, we have the knowledge, skills and resources to accurately evaluate complex assets, such as real estate, ownership interests in a business, pension plans and other investments.
- Child custody. Your children are your main concern when you’re going through a divorce, so their best interests are our focus. Whether you are arguing over joint custody versus sole custody, support amounts or visitation time, we are fully equipped and ready to help you.
- Child support. Trying to agree on the amount of child support that the noncustodial parent should pay can be complex and overwhelming. Our goal is to ensure that each child has the same standard of living as before the divorce.
- Spousal support. The aim of spousal support is to prevent the divorce from being financially devastating to you. We fully investigate your spouse’s finances, including assets and property ownership, to make sure you are paid the support you are entitled to receive.
- Post-divorce modifications. As your life changes, your divorce decree may need to be modified. This includes the relocation of a spouse, changes in child support due to a new job or other similar adjustments. We effectively and efficiently assist you with modifying your divorce order so you can move forward with your life.
Schedule your free consultation with a North Shore family law attorney
To talk with a family law attorney at Polin, Prisco & Villafane, contact our Glen Cove, New York offices at 516.671.5300. You may also complete our online contact form. We proudly serve clients throughout Suffolk and Nassau counties and the five boroughs.